Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Adventures of Ariel

Last weekend was "The Adventures of Ariel" show for my studio! Both students and teachers worked very hard during tech week and the show was a wild success! Sampson was a real trooper as he was strapped to my back for the first two hours of rehearsal and then went home with Dad or stayed with Auntie Colleen (thanks Auntie Colleen!). He was ready to swing in if any of the cast members were injured. I ran around back stage, fixing hair and getting my students ready to perform. Here I am with my clipboard of organization and my favorite pen.


They made me a delightful teeshirt, with a beautiful collaged Ariel icon (Melissa does art) and a personalized title on the back. I heard that the girls were up until all hours of the night working on these and their work certainly paid off. Not only am I impressed that they spelled "Captain" correctly, I found it very touching that they gave me something to remember the show by. Thanks girls! Love it!

I am so very proud of my students! It was so rewarding to see my little ones doing their routine in their pretty costumes. They really enjoyed themselves up there! Thanks to my assistants, Miss Jessica and Miss Lindsey who went up there and danced with them. Here is my Kinder A class who danced to "The Octopus's Garden" (original Beatles version of course).


Jessica and Sherrie played Flotsam and Jetsam and I made their costumes to complete their looks as Fosse eels. Way to go with the awkward walks and hip circles girls!


We had a fantastic cast of parent dancers during "Under the Sea." They were sharks, complete with sharp teeth and maracas. At the end, they busted out the Old Bay and Tabasco sauce and attacked Sebastian! (He escaped, completely unscathed.)


Mr. Jon was a marvelous Prince Eric (all the ladies agreed!) and the this is Friday night's cast of characters with Sarah as Ariel, Ellen as Ursula, Melissa as Mother Ocean (King Triton's wife... which makes her Ariel's mother...), and Nicole as Flounder. This photo is fondly referred to as the "Albert Einstein and Amelia Erhart" picture because of the costumes. The burlap sack is for when Ariel first turns into a human, before she goes shopping.
All of the students have grown so much since I first met them. I can't wait to get started on next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with this post :]
p.s. your welcome for stealing my pictures :p

Colleen said...

things i miss in no particular order:
-reading your blog
-you/your family

i hope your crazy life isn't too stressful buddy!