Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dance!

Sampson and I went to Utah! Utah?! Yes, Utah! I attended a conference for Dance and the Child International (daCi) when I performed with a group of dancers from three states, and helped run some of the classes. I cannot speak highly enough of this program and if you are at all interested in dance, please check it out! I met some fantastic dancers from Utah and Texas and we all came together for a piece called "Human Kind" about outer and inner landscapes. I know, it sounds like we all sat around a campfire and sang Kum Ba Ya... alright so we did that once! We worked for months before in our respective states and then had only three intense rehearsals before our performance. We had custom make costumes which looked so beautiful on stage. Of course, we had doubts about squeezing ourselves into unitards (who invented those anyway?!), but when we all stood together and the colors spanned the entire spectrum, we had to admit they looked great. Here are some of the photos I took to make biographies for a display:


Aaron


Shantal


Jeneca


Trevor


Kelli and Trevor


Nana Jo and Aunt Laura came out too so Sampson would have buddies while Oma was at the conference. They did a fantastic job navigating around Provo, UT and kept Sampson occupied at parks, museums, and the swimming pool. BYU campus is so beautiful and everyone out there was so genuinely kind. And I got a really adorable tote bag for just $4.

No comments: