Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 30, 2007

Nesting

It's officially begun. Believe me when I tell you that no one appreciates a clean kitchen and organized closet more than I, but this supposed "nesting" instinct has really brought me to a new level. Nearing the end of my third trimester, I have read that this is useful not only to provide a clean comforting environment for baby, but also because I will not have the chance to clean this thoroughly again until he/she goes off to school! Thus, I am not holding back... I am going full throttle. This means scrubbing carpets at midnight and refolding every teeshirt we own. Jimmy has been a great help in supporting my habits, mostly by smiling sweetly and telling me I'm doing a great job building a nest for the little one. Last night, however, a barely audible sigh preceded his "sure dear" when I asked him to move the furniture at 11:00pm. I've spent the last few days organizing the little outfits according to size. Jimmy says we would clothe an entire army of babies in onesies. He might be correct.


The nesting instinct also brings a curious sense of joy as I complete these tasks. I've never been so glad to have clean shelves in the refrigerator, and when I wake in the morning, I can't wait to do laundry! This is a picture of the very first load of baby clothes in the washing machine. I must admit though, the subsequent 8 loads I've done since yesterday were nowhere near as thrilling.


This morning Jimmy accidentally woke me as he was leaving for work at 6:00. Since I could not get back to sleep, I got up and started another day of nesting adventures. I've taken to listening to books on CD while I work around the house. It's a great way to keep my mind sharp while still getting things done around the house. So this morning, I started a new book and began assembling baby gadgets at 6:30am. What a sight I must have been! I assembled the Pack N' Play in our bedroom (as show below). I then moved on to the Rainforest Swing and the two play mats. I have mastered the Diaper Champ and cleaned and put away all the bottles and accessories. And I even had time to eat breakfast.


The place is really looking great, if I do say so myself! The final piece is the dresser we picked out to use as a changing table. It should arrive this week. When it arrives, I will promptly put away all the clean clothes and blankets, and all the diapering supplies. THEN, the nest will be complete... until I need to vacuum again.

No comments: