Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2008

Nana Jo, Muscles, and 100.8

The Wild Vees are having another wild week! Nana Jo visited last weekend and spent some quality time with her little grandson. She said she came to see her poor old daughter (me!) dance, but we all know she really came to see the kid! Unfortunately, my little Sampson had his first cold! He was coughing the night before and woke up in the middle of night crying (which he usually does not do) on Thursday night. On Friday, he just wanted to snuggle with Nana Jo all morning and then that afternoon his temperature was 100.8 degrees Fahrenheit! He was rather melancholy and sad that evening. He woke up Saturday much perkier, ready for his morning calisthenics in the Jumperoo. Here are some pictures of my sick little boy.






So,
you might not believe me when I tell you this, but my husband makes friends everywhere he goes with the most random people on earth. For instance, in the bookstore once, some guy complimented Jimmy's shoes (he's such a fashion guru!) and then proceeded to solicit Jimmy into some internet business of his. They stood there in the business section of Borders for a good half an hour. The latest story, though, it the real good stuff.

So he's running, training for a half marathon. He has his little buds in the his ears, listening to music to get him pumped up. He's about a mile from home and takes a second to stretch and some guy comes up to him. Dialog is as follows:
Guy: Hey man. How do you get strong?
Jimmy: Hi, uh, what do you mean?
Guy: How do you, like, bulk up?
Jimmy: Bulk up? OK, well why? What do you want to do?
Guy: I want to, like, fight people. Will running make me strong?
Jimmy: Right, well you should do push-ups or lift weights if you want to build muscle.
Guy: Oh, ok, but is running good for me?
Jimmy: Yes, yes it is.

And here, friends, is a visual aid to help you understand the beast that is my husband. I love you Jimmy!


I know what you're thinking... "Gee, I hope he doesn't want to fight ME!" Well let's just say that you better be afraid... because this guy gives a mean wedgie. Just ask his little brother.


And on a completely unrelated note, one morning this week we had to rush out of the house early in the morning to drop Jimmy off at work. It was earlier that we usually wake up so Sampson stayed in his pj's. I thought we would come right home, we but ended up running so late that we had to go right to my hair cut and then lunch with Grandma! So this is the little boy who ran around Delaware: (what a hottie)

No comments: