Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 4, 2008

May Days


It's soccer season here in Delaware and Jimmy is joining his work league. Sampson and I picked out some sweet socks for him. Sampson tried them on, grabbed the skin guards, and kicked the ball around a bit. All those other soccer-playing babies better watch out for his slide tackle.

Sampson is fully mobile! If he sees something desirable from across the room, he makes a bee line for it. He also knows enough to follow me around the house as I dart into the kitchen to check on dinner. He is very proud of himself when he crawls around the corner to find me. Here he is crawling around in his favorite Guns N' Roses onesie.


While he is very good at getting around, he is not quite coordinated enough to get himself out of the little predicaments he gets himself into. He's getting quite good at pulling himself up on things... the couch, Jimmy's leg, the wipes box, pretty much anything higher than the floor. He thinks he can let go and shake his rump, and it's a good thing there's so much padding back there. He also likes to play with doors by opening and closing them over and over again. The problem is when he crawls into the bathroom and closes himself in, and then sits right in front of the door. He likes to crawl under things and look up at them. This is Sampson under the bench.


This is Sampson stuck under the bench.

In other exciting news, I got a new job! It starts this summer and goes at least through the next school year. It is with the ArtsBridge America program and I'll be teaching dance in the public school system. I'll research and theme this summer and compose a piece to perform at the nation conference in August. Then, I will work with middle school students and teach them about basic modern dance, researching a topic, creating a movement vocabulary, and composing a piece. It's the job of my dreams! And don't worry, I'll continue teaching at Stage Lights in the evenings. I interviewed last week and Grandma and Gramps came up to watch Sampson while I was gone. Turns out, though no surprise, that Grandma knew the woman I was about to interview with! It was a great way to break the ice! It was really fun to get dressed up in "work" clothes and carry important papers again. And when I returned, I found Sampson sound asleep in Gramps' arms.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw...such cute photos. Can't wait until mom's group tomorrow (hope you guys are there). Maybe he and Emmeline can wrestle a bit? I think she needs a taste of her own medicine...