Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day


Sampson's chompers are coming in in full force! His two bottom teeth are in almost all the way, and two top teeth are coming in now too. He has bit his lip once and didn't really like the taste of blood! He also sometimes grinds them together which really creeps me out. So far, I've been lucky and he understands not to bite me when he's nursing. Despite the pain of teething, Sampson has been very jovial lately. He's happy now that he can follow us around the house and peek around corners. We've been going to for walks and playing in the grass now that the weather is warm. He uses everything he can find to pull himself up. He even goes from a crawling position to a push-up position with his butt way up in the air. I'm certain that one of these times, he's just going to stand right up. But my favorite thing he does is scrunch up his nose, just like I do. Here are some close-ups of the cheeks with teeth.




It was my very first Mother's Day! Thank you to all who sent me warm wishes. Jimmy and Sampson surprised me with some beautiful white roses.


Some of my students gave me Mother's Day cards. I thought I would share their charm and good grammar. In the middle of the photo shoot, Sampson decided he wanted to be the center of attention. And then he saw his spatula and took off.






SEEKING: LONGER BATH ROBE
Sampson was in the shower and I asked him to bring me one of Sampson's towels. He could not find one, so he grabbed a bathrobe that was hanging in the closet. Unfortunately, one size does not fit all! I put it on him and could not stop laughing! Look at those cheeks! (Sorry Sammy... I know you will see this many years from now and be embarrassed that all of cyberland saw your deriere!)



1 comment:

Colleen said...

i love love love the teeth! and for some reason the bathrobe reminded me of this conversation we were having at work this week about low riding pants, and one woman said "if her pants were any lower, she'd have 2 more cheeks to powder!" haha!