Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Keeping Busy

Each morning Jimmy goes to work and leaves me sleeping. I enjoy this! I sleep in as long as I can, but lately, I've been having trouble sleeping for long periods of time. I think I'm just getting generally uncomfortable. While he's working all day, I've been keeping myself busy nesting and such. Yesterday, I spent the day making jam with Mom Vee. We used these beautiful organic berries and made two large batches! Most of it will be given away as gifts, but I did have a nice big pb and j for lunch today. Jimmy knew it was jam day, but I think he was surprised to come home to find 18 jars of jam! Smuckers has nothing on me.



One night a week, I teach ESL (English as a Second Language) to four adults from South Korea. They are very kind to me and I really enjoy teaching them. It gives me a chance to ask them questions about Korea and it makes them practice their English. Last night, however, as I was leaving, I had a slight mishap in their garage. In Korean homes, everyone leave their shoes outside the door. You must always take them off before entering a home. I knew this, but it was dark in the garage when I stepped out the door, and down the two steps, and then I tripped on all the shoes! I thought I caught myself but I think the weight of my belly just pulled me forward and down... into the concrete! I landed on my right knee and my left hand. It really hurt! I went down hard! I am very lucky that I did not hurt myself worse than I did and I have learned that I must be more careful with this extra weight being thrown around. And I have a nice bright red bruise to remind me of this. It still stings!


Today, I decided I would get out my sewing machine and take care of all the little projects that have been accumulating over the past year. The machine and its case was a wedding gift from my Aunt Judy (a talented seamstress) and I regret that I have not really used it properly until now! It's a fantastic machine! It has settings for button holes and jeans, and it's very easy to change tension and stitches. Today, I altered the duvet cover for our comforter and made a little reversible tote bag for myself! What fun!

No comments: