Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

New Friend

Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch and I thought I saw something moving in our little yard. I looked out onto the porch and it was a little canine friend looking in at me! He was so cute and friendly looking so I went out to play with him. He had no collar or tags and I had never seen him before. I brought him some water and we played on the porch for a little while. Then I got up to go inside and he was eager to follow me. So we went inside and he checked the place out. He sniffed around and settled on the tile by the front door. I could tell he was an inside dog because he was very clean and well groomed. And look at that little face!



And then Jimmy came home and he was, needless to day, rather surprised to see me standing in our yard with a little dog. He said I needed to find the owner. We went inside and the little guy followed, even though Jimmy was very worried about my inviting a random dog into our house. But it was fine and we enjoyed having the little guest if only for a little while. I decided to take him for a walk (the dog, not Jimmy) to find his owners. We walked toward the building next door to ours and he recognized the hallway. He looked back and me a ran up the steps. He stopped on a doorstep and looked up at me. I guessed this was his house so I knocked. A woman opened the door and my little friend ran inside. She said she was vacuuming and Zuzu ran out the open door. She was glad to have him back, and I was sad to see him go!

Jimmy could see that I really need a little friend. Spending my days at home by myself all day is starting to get to me. I know I will have a little friend here soon, with two legs that is, but a canine is definitely in the plans someday.

No comments: