Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow!

It's snowing! First real snow of the season! Sampson and I went outside to check it out. He was unsure at first. White stuff floating around him must have looked very strange. He took his time and looked around and eventually decided that he liked it!







So much news to share! Jimmy and I have both found new jobs! Jimmy started his new job at W.L. Gore & Associates working in their biotech department. He is working on hernia patches. He said that when he tells people this, everyone tells him a hernia story. Feel free to share yours here! So far he's moved into his office and started meeting his co-workers. We were sad to say good-bye to ACE but we will old friends often enough... like Thursday night at volleyball... and Friday night at the Holiday Party... and Saturday night at the Leftovers Party.

And I am teaching dance at Stage Lights Dance Studio in Newark! I am teaching two Kinderdance classes and six ballet classes to students ages 4-17. I am thrilled to be teaching again and I adore my new students. The studio is a very close-knit dance family and reminds me of my days at the Isabelle School of Dance. Thanks to my sister-in-law-to-be Danielle for taking my new headshot!



So our days are busier now that we are both working. Some days Jimmy gets home just in time for me to leave. Other nights, I bring Sampson to the studio and my co-workers watch him until Jimmy picks him up. It works out well because I'm right in the next room in case something goes wrong. So on these evenings, Sammy and his Dad spend the time reading George R. R. Martin books. Sampson is especially enjoying A Game of Thrones.



3 comments:

Nana Jo said...

Love those snowy pics! He's such a cutie!
Great job with the head shot, Danielle!! I think it's the bestone ever.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Nana Jo

Colleen said...

I actually started laughing out loud at the picture of sammy reading. He's a cutie! Look at that snowy fun! Yay for new jobs! and exclamation points!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SK!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures all around, but I must say, your headshot is GORGEOUS.

Hope to see you soon!

-Kerry