Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Don Sampson

So what's going on with the big guy? Well Sampson and Oma are having some wild adventures. Most notably, we started listening to books on tape together. Instead of having the television on all day, we listen to complete novels on tape or CD. It keeps me entertained and my brain stimulated, and Sampson seems to like the voice in the background. Believe it or not, we just finished The Godfather in its entirety. I have never seen the movies, but surprisingly enjoyed the novel, and hence, the title of today's blog post.

In other news, I have really committed to my sewing endeavors. I am working on a collection of tiny animals which are made of bold patterns and are the perfect size for Sampson to grasp and, well, gnaw. I've made a chicken, a cow, and a horse that looks like a donkey. These are just the prototypes to help me perfect the patterns. A pig, a fish, and a sheep are in the works.

I also just finished my first baby carrier. It's a mei-tai style carrier which is reversible and perfect for both me and Jimmy to use. It can be worn on the front or the back and Sampson really seems to enjoy riding around in it. Now that he's so big, this type of carrier is better because the weight is mostly in the hips and not pulling on the back.



And finally, Sampson is growing like an adorable half-Korean weed! It is his half birthday as he is six months old today. He sits up now like a champ and is starting to lunge forward like he wants to crawl. Sometimes he catches himself on his hands and knees and takes one little scoot before face planting. Most of the time, he just face plants. He just went through a growth spurt which we guessed last week because he was eating more and taking 2 hour naps. This means that this week, he suddenly has few clothes which actually fit him. Unfortunately, since we are selling our home, all his clothes are packed away in storage! So due to poor foresight on the part of his parents, he's been wearing pants that just a bit too short and pj's with his feet sticking out! Don't worry, we're going down to dig out some appropriate outfits this week!



No comments: