Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Snow!


Sampson's first Easter Sunday! We had the cute outfit all picked out with navy dockers and short-sleeved polo with a beautiful owl sweater. We dressed him and made it to church on time. Jimmy and I were playing in the band so Auntie Colleen held him. Ten minutes into the service, he peed all over his outfit (and Auntie Colleen)! Another mother changed him but the pants were so wet he could not stay in them. Thus, Sampson spent his first Easter completely pantsless. It did not seem to bother him as you can see from the pictures. After church, Sampson had a little snack and then we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's where we ate lots of carbs in the form of lasagna and bread. The Easter Bunny brought Sampson a bunch of socks, a new pair of Robeez, and a book about farm animals.

Mmmm... yams!



The week following Easter was spring break for my students so Sampson and I voyaged to upstate New York to visit Nana Jo and Papa. When I think of spring break, I obviously think of snow... and that's just what we got! We travel best early in the morning while Sampson sleeps and Oma drinks a large half-caff with half and half, one splenda, and one sugar in the raw. We planned to leave at 5am on Friday morning, but we awoke to a white mass 5 inches thick. We decided to stay another day since we were in no hurry. Papa was excited to show Sampson the sled he got for him. We were (much to Oma's dismay) unprepared for the unseasonably cold weather so we bundled him up in two shirts, a sweat shirt, and a windbreaker, and two pairs of sweat pants. He was not used to being in the cold weather for very long, so his little cheeks turned pink quickly! He seemed to be quite comfortable sitting in his red sled. Papa pulled around the yard and Sampson watched trees go by and liked the feel of the bumpy snow.




Any one who knows me knows that I have never been much of a winter sportswoman, but I did brave the icy elements to watch Sampson's first winter adventure. Hopefully, he will learn to love the snow as much as his dad does!

1 comment:

Patty said...

This is such a nice blog, I can only hope that someday mine will be so well thought out!! I laughed about Sampson's Easter pants problem...we always have these types of dilemmas at the worst time, too!!!

The link to my blog is: horner-patty.blogspot.com, which is what I think I told you. I didn't realize that I can change this to whatever I want.