Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 17, 2008

Eat, Drink, and Be Sampson


Yum! Sampson has well established that he is not interested in eating baby food. He will eat some wholegrain rice cereal, but only if it's mixed with sweet potatoes. He will sometimes eat some pears, but is not as excited about food as I expected. He is, however, very interested in what he cannot yet have. He loves nothing more than to grab at our tacos or spaghetti. As far as finger foods, he's way into oranges and rice crackers. He also enjoys gnawing on a carrot or celery stick. His doctor said it's ok to give him juice, but still prefers breast milk to anything else. Now that he has a tooth coming in, he drinks some water because he needs fluoride. He drinks water from his little sippy cup all by himself.


I can't believe that over 6 months have passed since he was born. The entire pregnancy, I said I could never do it again. Everyone told me that I would change my mind as soon as I had the little on in my arms. Well, it wasn't THAT soon after, but now that he is getting bigger, and the time is passing so quickly, I do indeed think that I could do it again (but not too soon!). Sampson is just such a jovial little fellow and when he laughs, it's as if he can't contain it in his little body. He is curious and determined, and just loves books. We have learned to read his signs to know when he needs to eat, when he needs a nap, and when he needs to poop. He is starting to babble and sometimes we swear he spits out words. So far, none of those words are "Oma" or "Dad." I try to take time to cherish his cuddles everyday because I know it won't be long before he's running off to explore on his own. Here are some pics from the beginning...

The last day BS (Before Sampson). Was I really THAT big?! How did I move?!


Five days old.



No comments: