Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 8, 2008

HBJ

Today is my darling husband's 26th birthday! Has officially completed 26 years of life! A big thanks for Mom V for all her work and laboring (10lbs 13oz!). Now more than half way through his twenties, I'd say that Jimmy is aging rather gracefully. Tomorrow, he is running a half marathon to prove that he's still got it. And in blogging tradition, here are 26 reasons why I love love love James Vennard IV...

1. He appreciates the work I do at home and respects my opinion.
2. He always makes me feel like I cooked the best meal ever created.
3. His nostrils are asymmetrical.
4. He guides our family emotionally and spiritually.
5. He loves Sampson and lets him know it everyday.
6. When I was sick in my first (and second and third) trimester, he bought me saltines and ginger ale in bulk.
7. He works hard at his job everyday so that he can provide well for our family.
8. He always understands my jokes (even if they're not funny!).
9. His smile is so big, it can light up an entire room.
10. He cares about things that I care about... like saving the earth and eating healthy foods.
11. He has such a pure heart and always boils situations down to what is right.
12. He holds high expectations of me (and Sampson) because he knows and reminds us that we are capable of great things.
13. He is the most, ahem, frugal man I know.
14. He allergic to cats, like me, and supports our eternal absence of felines.
15. He uses proper grammar.
16. He is a patient and thorough teacher (like when he taught me all of the NFL mascots).
17. He encourages me to try new things that I never thought I'd do (like read The Godfather).
18. He has a jovial and magnetic personality.
19. He is an Eagle scout.
20. He understands the importance of staying well hydrated.
21. He will try new foods (even unidentifiable Korean food).
22. He gently reminds me when I am worrying too much.
23. He surprises me with trinkets he knows I will love.
24. He plays the guitar like a rock star and makes up songs for me.
25. He supports me in my undying desire to craft.
26. He is my best friend and everyday, I am thankful that he is my partner in life.

No comments: